Todd graduated from the Queensland Police Academy in 1989 and served with distinction in a variety of disciplines until 2004 gaining operational experience in criminal investigations as well as developing and facilitating training and exercises for serving police. After achieving exceptional success in organising international standard security arrangements for CHOGM 2002, the first gathering of political leaders subsequent to the September 11 World Trade Centre disaster, Todd expanded his risk management experience into the aviation sector and financial intelligence.
He moved to the Australian Governments counter terrorism regulator in the transport sector, the Office of Transport Security. He oversaw the counter terrorism security arrangements for airports and seaports and chaired numerous multi-agency meetings where he developed exceptional skills in high level liaison, stakeholder engagement and negotiation experience with senior management of Government.
Todd also spent four years with AUSTRAC (Australian Transaction Reporting and Analysis Centre) performing management duties in both the Supervision Division and Intelligence Division. He managed an extensive national educational outreach program across a variety of financial sectors and also managed the operational intelligence capability across 4 states & territories.
He has spoken at International Transnational Crime forums and has provided Counter Terrorism assistance to foreign Governments.
Todd has attained the following qualifications:
- Post Graduate Certificate in Management, RMIT
- Bachelor of Management (Human Resource Management), Griffith University
- Diploma of Business (Quality Auditing)
- Certificate IV Government (Statutory Compliance)
- Lead Auditors Course
- Security Risk Assessment Course
- Project Management
- Document Handling Training (Risk Management)
- Venue Assessment Course (Risk Management)
- Workplace Training & Assessment Course
- Regulatory review of reporting entities regarding compliance with the AML/CTF Act and Regulations
- Preparation of risk assessments of reporting entities under the AML/CTF Act and Regulations
- Preparation of AML/CTF Programs for reporting entities
- Member of ACAMS (Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists)
- Regulatory compliance and risk assurance inspections of Brisbane Airport International and Domestic terminals, tenants, hangars, surrounds, policy and personnel since 2007.
- Preparation of Security Threat Likelihood Assessments for 6 Australian airports using AS/NZS 31000: 2004 Security Risk Management principles.
- Develop Transport Security Programs, approved by Federal Government, for regional airports upgrading to full passenger and baggage security screening: Gladstone, Emerald, Tamworth, Wagga Wagga and Horn Island (Torres Strait) and for a Fly In – Fly Out mining airport at Olympic Dam (South Australia)
Founding Partner and Director, AML Solutions International
Founder and Managing Director, Contego Consulting
Manager Intelligence, AUSTRAC
Manager Domestic Relations – Regulated Entities, AUSTRAC
Security Analysis Liaison Officer, Office of Transport Security, Dept Transport & Regional Services
Aviation Security Inspector, Office of Transport Security, Dept Transport & Regional Services
Security Manager, Force Protection, USS – UBS International
Team Leader, Emergency Response Team, Goro Nickel Project, New Caledonia
Project Manager, Venue Management and Security Cell, CHOGM Planning Unit, Queensland Police Service
Senior Facilitator, Human Resource Development Branch, Queensland Police Service Academy
Police Officer in various uniform and plain clothes sections, Queensland Police Service
- 2012 Australia Day Medal – for crisis management & leadership during the Brisbane Floods
- Queensland Police Service Medal with clasp – 15 years ethical & diligent service
- Commissioners Certificate – for services to the planning of CHOGM 2002